NIDDK Focus Topics for 2018: Accelerating the Drug Delivery Pipeline for Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis
Links will be added when available.
PF18: Early Diagnosis and Treatment of Pancreatitis, Pancreatic Diabetes and Pancreatic Cancer
Aim 1. To discuss recent medical, scientific and technical advances in various disciplines relevant to acute pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis, cystic fibrosis, premalignant lesions and pancreatic neoplastic processes.
Aim 2. To prioritize efforts for overcoming theoretical, technical, biological, medical, endoscopic, surgical, logistical, financial and regulatory barriers to improve pancreatic disease classification, detection, diagnosis, prevention and treatments.
Aim 3. To organize multidisciplinary working groups, advisory panels, training programs, task forces and consortiums to address the needs and methods for advancing pancreatic disease care based on new knowledge and opportunities.
-> Continuing Education Credits for Physicians.
- CPDPC update
- Acute Pancreatitis – assessment and treatment
- Chronic pancreatitis & CFTR-RD: Dx & Rx
- Precision Medicine: Genetics, Pain, Targeted Rx
- Pediatric pancreatitis
- Pancreatic Cancer – IPMNs
- Pancreatic surgery – robotics
Special Lectures: (click here)
Working Group Meetings:
- Acute and Recurrent Pancreatitis (APPRENTICE)
- Pancreatitis in Children (INSPPIRE)
- Young Investigators Research Training and Support (CAPER)
- IPMN research network (PRIMO)
- Working Group on Pancreas Centers of Excellence – Report and consensus confrence.
- Prospective Observational Study (Post) of total pancreatectomy and islet autotransplantation (TPIAT)
- Animal models for pancreatic diseases research: consensus group
- Cell models for pancreatic disease research: consensus group
Wednesday, July 25, 2018 (satellite)
• NIDDK Workshop – Drug delivery
• Pancreas Academy
Wednesday evening, July 25, 2018
• PF18 Reception and Light Dinner
Thursday, July 26, 2018
• Session I: CPDPC consortium – NCI & NIDDK
• Session II: Acute Pancreatitis
• Session III: Chronic Pancreatitis & CFTR-RD
• Session IV: Obesity and Pancreatic Disease
• Session V: Posters & Lunch (Trainee introduction)
• Session VI: Precision Medicine
• Session VII: Working Groups:
– Centers of Excellence
– Animal models – utility in drug development.
Friday, July 27, 2018
• Session VII: Advanced Endoscopy
• Session VIII: Immunology and Pancreatic Cancer
• Session IX: Pediatric Pancreatic Disease Breakout
• Session X: Premalignant lesions of the Pancreas
• Session XI: Pancreatic cancer diagnosis and management
• Session XII: Novel Approaches in Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
• Session XIII: Ruth C Brufsky Award
• Session XIV: CAPER Awards and Business Meeting
• Session XV: CAPER Lifetime Achievement and Mentoring Award
• Session IX: CAPER Young Investigator Research
Award Lectures for PF18
- The Ruth C. Brufsky Award For Excellence in Research in Pancreatic Cancer.
- CAPER Lifetime Research and Mentoring Award